Friday, December 7, 2012


In today’s issue of “What The Fuck Sinai”  I re-jet lag myself, my SIM card fails to live up to expectations, and the freaking PX sells water bongs.

So we are having some scheduling pains.  The long and the short of it is I had to re-jam my sleep schedule to go to 12 hour shifts, six hours off the 12 hour shifts I had been standing.  I got 18 hours off, and slept 12 of them.  In the process I blasted a big hole in the acclimation I achieved.  I re-set myself to Sylva time.  So far I have been up for 22 hours, and I have got to try to make it another 10 hours before I crash, or I will be in poor state when I come back on shift at noon tomorrow.  I suspect this won’t last long, as people will begin to break quickly when they can’t maintain a sleep schedule.  I understand people outside the section who have seen this schedule on the bulletin board have a lively pool betting who will drop first.

I bought a SIM card from the PX (It’s actually called the “FX” (I think that’s for facilities exchange, but I’m not 100%) that was basically worthless as fuck.  It has voice and text only, and only works for ¼ the time I paid for if I call the US.  None of the apps on the phone work.  Big suckfest.  Then I bought a SIM card from the black market that was pure data.  Much better price, and all the apps work.  Great, I’ll use up my stupid USB wireless dongle and just use my phone as a hotspot.  Only pay one bill instead of two.  Fuck me running.  The guy didn’t get the SIM card set up to allow that.  The other 20 people that he sold to got hotspot, just not me.  I’ll get that fixed tomorrow, or my inner MP will demand that I start investigating reports of black market activities in the camp.

The FX sells hookahs.  Seriously.  No shit.  I had to take about 30 piss tests to be allowed to deploy here, and the damn base store sells drug paraphernalia!  Look, I get it, the hookah is used by people all throughout the Mideast to smoke tobacco.  Right.  That’s exactly what every head shop in America says.  They have little stickers that they put on all of them.  I used to be a hippie.  I went to Warren Wilson.  I was a dead head.  I know the deal.  Tobacco.  Riiiiggghhhhhttttt.  Doesn’t matter.  Possession of drug paraphernalia is a crime in the army.  You lose rank for that.  I am amused by this situation.
Hmmm... yup, that's a fucking bong alright.

1 comment:

  1. For most, occasion handwriting bequeaths several weeks associated with search in addition stays associated with guide. Your current add nevertheless designates tips on how to attain your research through easily other than from the speediest night out achievable. My partner and i totally revere your function. Son of Prong

    ReplyDelete